SharePoint 2013 Pre requisites install fail, Error: The tool was unable to install Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role.
While installing SharePoint 2013 in a Windows 2012 Server I was getting the following error right after the prerequisites installation begins:
Error: The tool was unable to install Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role.
To solve the issue I set the following Local Policy:
1. – Windows Start
2. – run MMC
3. – Click File, Add/Remove Snap-in…
4. – Select Group Policy Object Editor and ADD it
5. – Navigate to Administrative templates / System
6. – Select and edit “Specify Settings for optional component installation and component repair”
7. – Enable and select “Contract Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)”
9.- Re run the prerequisite installation